Dear colleagues,

We would like to invite you to participate in the activities of the topical group EF04 “EW Precision Physics and constraining new physics” of the Energy Frontier group of the next HEP Community Planning Exercise (a.k.a. Snowmass 2021).

The dominant theme of topics covered in this topical group is constraining new physics by performing precision fits of standard model (SM) observables. The ingredients of the fit are electroweak observables, which are a direct component of the mandate of this group, and Higgs and top observables, which establish a tight link between this group and other EF topical groups (in particular, EF01, EF03, and EF05). The mandate of this group includes the study of multi-boson signatures, and vector-boson fusion and scattering processes. Constraints to the SM are obtained within the EFT framework, and specific SM-extension models that are of particular relevance to electroweak precision physics. This group also investigates the impact of correlations among experimental and theoretical uncertainties, and discusses state-of-the-art theoretical modeling of EW and QCD uncertainties, and their combination.

We invite your participation in a number of ways:

We also ask you to mark your calendars for a number of broader Snowmass meetings:

The Energy Frontier calendar is linked to the Energy Frontier wiki page: https://snowmass21.org/energy/start

If you have any questions, feel free to send us an email anytime.

We are looking forward to fruitful collaborations over the coming months!

Best wishes,
Alberto Belloni, Ayres Freitas, Junping Tian

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the SID-ALL list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=SID-ALL&A=1