Hi Thomas,

Not quite. There are two TPC modes available:

1) Regular tpc that uses a rendezvous token between all the parties. Once
the rendezvous is completed the data flow from sourc to sink. The client
is out of the loop.

2) Delegated tpc where the client delegates it's credentials to the sink
which then uses it to pull data from the source. Again, other than
delegating the credentials, the client is out of the loop.

Here ae some relevant client-side scenarios (note these are not the only
ones possible but these cover the tpc part):

a) When you specify --tpc first you are saying that you prefer the
rendezvous kind of tpc but will sttle for a copy through the client if
tpc can't be done.
b) If you specify --tpc only then you are saying only rendezvous tpc will
do and fail the copy if it can't be done that way.
c) If you specify --tpc delegate only then the client will try delegation
first and if that fails revert to using a rendezvous token. If that fails,
the copy fails.

Clear?

Andy