Dear Colleagues.

We are writing to you as the conveners of the Calorimetry group of the
Instrumentation Frontier for Snowmass 2021. The mission of our Snowmass
2021 process is for all of us to review the current status of
calorimetry, put forward new ideas, and define the next 5-10 years in
terms of improved experiments.

We look forward to hearing about and discussing your work on
calorimetry, lessons learned, ongoing and projected R&D, ideas for new
techniques and suggestions for improving existing techniques, and any
views or concerns about the state of our research area.

We are presently organizing our activities into several major areas:
- Calorimetry requirements from physics
- Experiments/Facilities using Calorimetry
- Technology Tools and Calorimeter Development Areas
- Performance Studies

We have a few different communication channels that we hope you will
participate in.
Webpage for community meeting announcements and minutes:
https://snowmass21.org/instrumentation/calorimetry
E-mail list, primarily for announcements:
[log in to unmask] (to subscribe, send an e-mail to
[log in to unmask] with the subject line blank and the words SUBSCRIBE
SNOWMASS-IF-06-CALORIMETRY FIRSTNAME LASTNAME in the body of the message)
Slack, for real-time discussion: team snowmass2021, channel
#if06-calorimetry (using a CERN or Fermilab e-mail address to join the
team should work—if not, please e-mail [log in to unmask] with the subject
line “snowmass slack” for help)

We look forward to hearing from you, either directly via email, or
through the submission of Letters of Interest
(https://snowmass21.org/loi) and through contributed papers
(https://snowmass21.org/submissions/start). Letters of interest are
being solicited now through August 31, 2020.

With best regards,

Andy White, University of Texas at Arlington ([log in to unmask])
Minfang Yeh, Brookhaven National Laboratory ([log in to unmask])
Rachel Yohay, Florida State University ([log in to unmask])
Snowmass 2021, Instrumentation Frontier – Calorimetry conveners.