Dear SiD Colleagues,

Please see below the very positive message from Japanese colleagues
regarding the ILC in the European Strategy Update.

Hopefully now we can move towards full realization of the ILC in Japan!

Best regards,

Marcel and Andy

Dear all,

We note with much appreciation that the European Strategy for Particle
Physics Update contains the following statements (
https://indico.cern.ch/event/924500/ ):

“An electron-positron Higgs factory is the highest-priority next
collider. For the longer term, the European particle physics community
has the ambition to operate a proton-proton collider at the highest
achievable energy.”

“The timely realisation of the electron-positron International Linear
Collider (ILC) in Japan would be compatible with this strategy and, in
that case, the European particle physics community would wish to
collaborate.”

We believe this is a wonderful development for the ILC and it will be a
big boost to move the ILC project forward in Japan.

We wish to thank all our colleagues in Europe and around the world who
have made this possible.

As you may know, preparations are well underway for the international
development team, as advocated by ICFA and to be hosted at KEK, which is
scheduled to start this coming summer.

We hope to continue working with you towards the realization of the ILC.

best regards, Keisuke and Kiyotomo
Kiyotomo Kawagoe: [log in to unmask], Professor, Department of
Physics, Faculty of Science
Director of Research Center for Advanced Particle Physics (RCAPP),
Kyushu University
744 Motooka Nishi-ku Fukuoka, 819-0395 Japan, tel +81-92-802-4052