Dear Andreas,

Am 16.11.20 um 17:13 schrieb Andreas Petzold (SCC):
> can someone point me to a presentation or provide some information about the current status of using OIDC with xrootd? Is someone using it already?

the closest answer I know (but other experts are around ;-) ) is this "writeup":
  https://github.com/xrootd/xrootd/issues/1313
which shows both that it is used and how to configure it for usage with the WLCG VOMS VO server. As you find there, this relies on the xrootd-scitokens library.

We (in Bonn) also plan to use it, but to my knowledge, the xrootd-scitokens package was until recently only available in OSG repos.
Since we prefer using vanilla upstream packages in production whenever possible, we asked for inclusion of the package in the regular XRootD repos (which was "easy" since the scitokens library is in EPEL)[0].
Luckily, thanks to Simon and Derek, this has now happened and RPMs should show up when the next XRootD "feature" release happens. So we will likely start joining the OIDC tests some time after 5.1.0 comes out ;-).

Cheers and hope this helps,
	Oliver

[0] https://github.com/xrootd/xrootd-scitokens/issues/1

--