Hi Geonmo,

I have an almost identical setup except that my storages are local disks, not NFS disk. I can’t repeat the hanging you described in xrootdfs. So far my ‘du’ has run for 24+ hours and is still running.

To debug, I suggest that you use the following command line:

xrootdfs -f -o rdr=root://your/storage /mount_point

the -f puts xrootdfs in a foreground mode which helps you to debug. You can then attach gdb to check what is xrootdfs’ called stacks when du (or find) command starts to show problem. Keep in mind that xrootdfs is a fuse application – there is a linux kernel between xrootdfs and du/find.

regards,

--

Wei Yang  |  [log in to unmask]  |  650-926-3338(O)

https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=XROOTD-L&A=1

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the XROOTD-L list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=XROOTD-L&A=1