I forgot to mention that a side effect of our Jenkins nodes being down is that the build and tests will not run automatically if hps-java PRs are merged in github.

We can still merge PRs, but one or more reviewers should run the tests locally beforehand, to confirm that they pass.

From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of McCormick, Jeremy I. <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, January 22, 2021 4:12 PM
To: hps-software <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Jenkins build nodes down

Hello,

The Jenkins build nodes we use for hps-java are currently offline, because of the SLAC power outage.

It is likely that there will be a delay in getting them back online, as the machines which host them may be casualties, requiring some new VMs to be created on a different physical host. The administrators have requested this, but there may be a significant delay due to the backlog of issues stemming from this incident.

Jenkins itself has already been migrated, with our configurations intact, but none of our projects are functional right now, meaning we cannot make any releases or trigger any remote builds at all until the problem is resolved.

I will keep in touch with the administrators and try to send another message next week with an update on this situation.

--Jeremy