Hi, comment embedded:

I think I  understand what you are saying up to here. In this case, can you do 'xrdfs ... stat /'.  This
may give you an error like the following. But it is still a legitimate response telling you the server
is running:

$ xrdfs root://myXcache stat /
[ERROR] Server responded with an error: [3010] Stating path '/' is disallowed.

Or you can do

$ xrdfs root://myXcache query config version
v5.0.2

> The problem is that it adds a dependency on another container and I am not sure it scales if I want
> to have a multi-server xcache instance where I want to monitor thedifferent servers. Do you have
> any idea how I could do that a simpler and scalable way ?

    Best Regards
    Paul

regards,
--
Wei Yang  |  [log in to unmask]  |  650-926-3338(O)