Hi Adrian,

I think yes, it should work. Why don’t you give it a try?

Cheers,
Michal

On 24 Feb 2021, at 16:36, Adrian Sevcenco <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On 3/2/20 5:13 PM, Michal Kamil Simon wrote:
Hi Adrian,
Hi Michal!

It is the server that tells the client which authentication protocol should be used,
if you enable loging (e.g. XRD_LOGLEVEL=Dump) you will see in the logs something
like:
[Debug ][XRootDTransport ] [your-favourite-host:1094.0] Authentication is required: &P=*gsi*,v:10400,c:ssl,ca:5168735f.0|4339b4bc.0
in this example you can see that the server requested gsi authentication. It may
also give the client a list of authentication protocols that are accepted by the server,
in this cased they are tried in the order specified by the server. You can force the
client to use authentication protocol by adding xrd.wantprot cgi element to your url,
e.g. xrd.wantprot=sss.
so, i delayed this until i received too many emails that they have strange messages when the copy is from eos.
So, this is a tag that is added to the actual uri?
and the form is like "?xrd.wantprot=unix" ?
(as ALICE use tokenauthz envelopes)

The question is, will this work with eos? will this be stripped correctly my mgm and then proceed forward with the new token for the fst?

Thanks a lot!
Adrian

Hop[e this helps!
Cheers,