Does libXrdPss-5.so miss a dependent file? You can check with “ldd libXrdPss-5.so”

regards,

--

Wei Yang  |  [log in to unmask]  |  650-926-3338(O)

From: <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Sam Skipsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tuesday, June 22, 2021 at 6:37 AM
To: xrootd-l <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Xrootd proxy fails to initialise - can't find file [which exists in filesystem in reality]?

Hi,

I have a strange issue with an Xrootd 5.2.0-1 [built from source locally] server.

The server is configured as an xrootd proxy, and as such its config contains:

#ofs.osslib    /opt/xrootd/lib64/libXrdPss.so
ofs.osslib libXrdPss.so

[we've tried both versions of the line above]

However, the server fails to initialise, with logged errors:

++++++ File system initialization started.
=====> ofs.osslib /opt/xrootd/lib64/libXrdPss.so
=====> ofs.ckslib * /opt/xrootd/lib64/libXrdPss.so
=====> ofs.authlib libXrdMacaroons.so
Plugin No such file or directory loading osslib /opt/xrootd/lib64/libXrdPss-5.so
Plugin osslib /opt/xrootd/lib64/libXrdPss-5.so not found; falling back to using
++++++ Checkpoint initialization started.
++++++ Checkpoint initialization completed.
------ File system server initialization failed.

This is clearly untrue, as

[root@cephc04 lib64]# ls /opt/xrootd/lib64/libXrdPss-5.so
/opt/xrootd/lib64/libXrdPss-5.so
[root@cephc04 lib64]# md5sum /opt/xrootd/lib64/libXrdPss-5.so
523f402b1230ff7692fd767d367e46e3  /opt/xrootd/lib64/libXrdPss-5.so

And, in addition, another xrootd proxy server on a different machine successfully loads libXrdPss-5 from the same (local) path, with the same md5sum, so I don't think the lib is corrupt or anything.

Any ideas? Turning up trace levels doesn't seem to add any more info in the logging, so it's hard to know where to go from here...

Sam

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the XROOTD-L list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=XROOTD-L&A=1