Dear colleagues,

We are discussing various options to improve the situation with xrootd monitoring on the WLCG infrastructure.
One of the options we consider is to try ALICE approach which consists of processing only file close reports. This looks to be efficient regarding optimization of the amount of data volume to be processed by the collector. However, ALICE uses dedicated xrootd servers, while for monitoring of the xrootd traffic on the WLCG infrastructure, we need to know the owner of the operation in terms of the VO.

Two other things which would be useful to have in the file close report is the start time stamp of the operation and application level meta info which is now possible to provide with the monitoring reports, but if I am not wrong , it is send in the beginning.

So our question is, would it be possible to extend the file close report with information about: VO, start time stamp of the operation and application level meta info.

Please, let us know.

Thank you

Kind regards
Julia