From: [log in to unmask] [[log in to unmask]] on behalf of Andrew Hanushevsky [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 25 June 2021 09:40
To: Julia Andreeva
Cc: [log in to unmask]; Alessandra Forti; Maarten Litmaath
Subject: Re: xrootd monitoring request

Hi Julia,

The problem is that it would require significant architectutal changes,
not to mention a whole new set of documentation. We are taking a different
track to address this problem that we think is a more general solution
that should address a wider range of needs.

We already have two collectors that know how to piece the information
together to essentially provide what you are requesting. The problem is
that if one of the required  UDP packets is lost it makes it impossible
to provide complete information. The plan is to provide a local UDP
collector where the likelihood of packet loss is minimal and convert
the stream to a MQ stream (e.g. rabbitMQ). That would minimize
information loss. We have one prototype and our collaborators are working
on some others.

I don't have an exact timeline but given your request I will try to
establish one that is hopefully timely. This particular effort is
community supported so we need to take that into account. However, we do
have OSG and two other collaborative partners participating so it
shouldn't take too long to provide a solution. I hope that this addresses
your request.

Andy