Hi Carole, since we have a very small volume of personnel at SLAC, some retirees old friends and  colleagues are requesting to come on site and play soccer at lunch time. I asked them to send me their info and vaccination cards to show they are safe. Please let me know if that is possible. I’m including a sample of what I thought they might need to show. Thank you, Rafa

From: Fried, Carole <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 8:39 AM
To: Miranda, Rafael M. <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Wittman, Richard <[log in to unmask]>; Ovrahim, Simon <[log in to unmask]>; Alisha Garcia <[log in to unmask]>; Sawyer, Jeremy S <[log in to unmask]>; klystron-soccer <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Any word on the lunch soccer.

Hi Rafa,

I do have some good news for you and the soccer group.  Effective June 21st, lunch time soccer can resume with the following caveats:

Please be aware that ARCAS and its’ bathroom and shower facilities are currently closed. They may reopen during the last week of June but that date is tentative.

Best Regards,

Carole

Hi Rafa,

A photo of my vaccination card is shown below.  As you mentioned, I have been playing soccer at SLAC since 1997, when we used to play on the central lawn among the buildings, and I have been playing with the SLAC lunchtime soccer club several times a week on the new Arrillaga pitch ever since it was built.  I would love to be allowed to play again soon.

Any hope of non-SLAC folks being able to play soon?

- Jeff

Jeffrey R. Olson, Ph.D.
Principal Research Scientist

Lockheed Martin Space, Advanced Technology Center
3251 Hanover St.

Orgn. A013D, Bldg. 245
Palo Alto, CA  94304 -1191
650-424-2181