Hello,

We are considering using an xrootd system to manage file transfers to
our site which we would like to support transfers using both the https
and (x)root protocols. I have a test system set up and am able to do
normal file transfers over both protocols as well as third party copy
(tpc) over (x)root but I am struggling to have a successful tpc over
https.

I am using the gfal2 client to manage the transfers and require that
the tpc go directly between the servers and not through the client
initiating the copy, so a typical request would look like "gfal-copy --
copy-mode pull https://testserver1:8443//storage/file.txt
https://testserver2:8443//storage/ "

I have attached my xrootd config file as well.

The error I get when I try to do this seems to be a "unable to locate
/storage/file.txt: no such file or directory" on the destination server
but this does not make sense since the file shouldn't be there as it is
going to be copied over.

I also noticed the libXrdHttpTPC-5.so file but after invoking it with
http.exthandler nothing seemed to change. I am probably just missing a
configuration value or not issuing my command correctly but any help is
appreciated.

Cheers,

Matthew