From: <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Andrew Hanushevsky <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Monday, March 21, 2022 at 2:36 PM
To: Doug Benjamin <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Wei Yang <[log in to unmask]>, xrootd-l <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: how do I increase request size for xrootd

    Hi Doug,

    Then it would follow it's Lustre's internal transfer size I would think.
    A normal xrootd data server will never ask for more bytes than what the
    client requested. Now, if you use a disk caching proxy server you get
    complete control of that transfer chain. Unfortunately, you can't write.
    However, using a memory caching server you can read and write but it's a
    bit more restricted because you're limited by the amount of memory you
    have.

    Anyway, I thought you were going to use a cache with Lustre. What
    happened?

    Andy