Hi Fabio,

At the moment my main priority has been to verify that I've understood the metrics I'm collecting correctly.
When I compare some of the metrics to data I'm getting from node_exporter there are still some questions, so I'm doing some digging trying to make sure I've understood what is being reported through monitoring.

I'm currently developing another python tool to use inotify to parse .cinfo files on modification, I'm planning to use this data to track the use of a the cache in order to try and optimise performance.

I've got a very basic Pfc decisionlib working right now similar to osschar/xrdpfc-decision-ucsd on github, but I've not tested it against production workloads, the plan is to publish code once we have something tested that doesn't at least make performance worse.

Best Regards,

Rob

On 2022-04-15 19:58, Fabio Andrijauskas wrote:

This email was sent to you by someone outside the University.
You should only click on links or attachments if you are certain that the email is genuine and the content is safe.
Hi all,

  The problem was timing, now the script deletes the file from the cache and my monitoring system is able to request the file. Using the G-stream from the cache I can check other details about these tests.

  @Robbert, this is very interesting! Are these hacks on GitHub or similar?

--
Fábio Andrijauskas