On 26 Jul 2022, at 08:24, Andrew Hanushevsky <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

The problem here is what the server declares itself to be to the redirector is what the redirector will use when redirecting a client. So, the question I have is why does it matter that the server wants to declare itself to the redirect as "a" but the redirector needs to use "b" when redirecting a client. I know, "for some reason" but that doesn't really tell me what the issue is here so I can't offer another solution without more information.

Well we would like that connections coming from "external" clients still continue to use LHCONE/LHCOPN (so IP adresses in range 193.ttt.uuu.vvv). If a XRootD server declares itself to the redirector as 134.xxx.yyy.zzz, it will not be the case anymore (as far as I understand).

Thanks,

Yvan

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the XROOTD-L list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=XROOTD-L&A=1