Hi James,

No, there is no throttling of deletetion requests. What have you seen that
would indicate such a feature is needed? As for going through a memory
proxy, the only additional overhead is a small amount of latency
introduced to see if a memory copy needs to be discarded. Thhough, in
practice, few people use the memory cache for writing as well as reading
so we have very limited data on this.

Andy

P.S. While we could add a deletion queue for xroot protocol it's very
difficult to do for http protocol (potentially possible for http/2) as we
would occupy a thread for each queued request (unless you don't care
about the result) and the problem would shift to another resource.