  We have recently observed a few cases where  large files ( O(50GB) ) - transferred via FTS (using davs)  - have failed to checksum in time, after the transfer has completed.
In FTS, there is apparently a 5 minute timeout that fires within the HTTP client library used by FTS.
The FTS team tried sending "Expect: 100-continue" header in the request for the checksum, but did not receive the "100-continue status code” response.

My questions are:
1) does XRootD (WebDav) support "Expect: 100-continue” headers ?
And
2) If 1) is true, because we use an external script (via xrootd.chksum directive) would a 100-continue be ignored?

I hope this provides enough info, but please let me know if more clarification is required.

Thanks in advance,
James

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the XROOTD-L list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=XROOTD-L&A=1