Dear software & computing experts and conveners, coordinators and managers!

We are pleased to announce that FTS and XRootD projects are organizing a joint one-week workshop
to be held at the Jožef Stefan Institute, Ljubljana, Slovenia, from Monday 27 to Friday 31 March.

The workshop agenda and registration page can be found here: https://indico.cern.ch/event/875381

We would kindly ask you to consider contributing to the workshop in the following areas:

• Status, statistics and projected usage of FTS and XRootd for Run3.
          Projections and plans for HL-LHC with planned changes in the Computing Model of your experiment.

• Storage access for analysis use, including performance and CPU efficiency.
          It would be great if the talk could cover different but realistic running conditions,
          e.g., local disk, EOS, Tier2, remote data access (with or without XCache).
          We are expecting to also have a presence of ROOT storage experts presenting their work in the area.

• Data distribution management, needs and use-cases within scientific communities.
          The speaker could showcase the data management needs of their community,
          what frameworks they use and how they integrate FTS within their workflow

• R&D projects in the realm of data management, data access and data distribution
          within the Grid world are also invited. This could touch on integrating Cloud Storage
          within scientific data management workflows or Network projects aimed at optimizing data movements

We would also ask you to forward this announcement to the relevant software and computing mailing list
and communication channels of your experiment.

We look forward to seeing you at the workshop in March 2023 in Ljubljana!

Andrew Hanushevksy,
Jan Javoršek,
Luca Mascetti,
Matevž Tadel,
Mihai Patrascoiu

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the XROOTD-L list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=XROOTD-L&A=1