Hello,

When I try to read the value of a file into an environment variable using setenv and < I get back an empty environment variable e.g

setenv AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID < /etc/xrootd/access_key

Makes the variable AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID empty.

I can however read from a file into a variable using set and then copy that variable to the environment variable e.g

set ACCESS_KEY < /etc/xrootd/access_key

setenv AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID = $ACCESS_KEY

Makes the environment variable AWS_ACCESS_KEY_ID have the value of the contents of /etc/xrootd/access_key

I am using xrootd 5.5.1 from the epel repository, has anyone else experienced this issue?

Thanks

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the XROOTD-L list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=XROOTD-L&A=1