Hello,

I am trying to use xrootd as a proxy for s3 servers and want to have a consistent name space regardless of the bucket I want to serve. I believe how it is supposed to work is if I want to make the objects of a bucket available without needing to share the name of the bucket I should use pss.localroot. The relevant part of the config I am trying to use is:

all.export /

ofs.osslib libXrdPss.so

pss.origin http://elephant102.heprc.uvic.ca:9000
pss.localroot /bucket

Where the name of the bucket on elephant102 is literally bucket. When I try to run a config like this I get the error:

=====> pss.localroot /bucket
230203 21:33:13 30681 pss_N2N: Unable to use localroot /bucket; no such file or directory

Unless the directory /bucket exists on the proxy node. If I create this path on the proxy node then this error doesn't happen and the server works without any issues, in particular any requests I make to the proxy always go to the bucket on the s3 server and never to the directory /bucket on the proxy node. Is this expected behaviour? Am I using the right directives?

I am using xrootd 5.5.1 from the epel repository and have tried replacing pss.localroot with oss.localroot and oss.remoteroot and both substitutions ultimately do not prefix /bucket to any of the requests.

Thanks