The annual tradition returns! Our yearly soccer match against those attending the SLAC Summer Institute is back on after a three year pandemic pause. I will follow up with a calendar invitation to the entire group.

For those of you new to SLAC since Aug 2019, this is an annual match between SSI students and our SLAC group. I’ve pasted the SSI website below, along with a Symmetry article from 2010. Please remember that SSI students are guests at our site, and while we all enjoy the competition of the game, this is a friendly match first and foremost.

https://indico.slac.stanford.edu/event/7540/page/73-soccer-game

https://www.symmetrymagazine.org/breaking/2010/08/19/neutrinos-and-the-evolution-of-young-scientists

Also, if others are interested in planning a BBQ and getting an alcohol permit, please organize. I don’t have the bandwidth for much these days, but I’ll be back on the pitch tomorrow and/or Thu. Looking forward to playing again after a long absence!

Paul

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the KLYSTRON-SOCCER list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=KLYSTRON-SOCCER&A=1