FYI All,

See message from Marty below.  Shouldn't affect anyone except a few minutes database outage on maintenance days, 3rd Tuesday of every month.

-Nathan

Begin forwarded message:

From: Marty Wise <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: hpsdb reboot needed (next MD -- March)
Date: February 21, 2024 at 11:33:52 AM EST
To: Nathan Baltzell <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Kelvin Edwards <[log in to unmask]>, Paul Letta <[log in to unmask]>, Sherman White <[log in to unmask]>

Nathan,

Years ago, we ran mysql server with only manual reboots when we could schedule them. In recent years, we have changed to rebooting them (as with everything else) every maintenance day after patches are installed. By now, everything has been switched to the newer mode except for 2 systems – one of which is hpsdb.

So.. on the March Maintenance Day, I would like to reboot hpsdb. I’ll do it manually and make sure all goes well since it’s been a long time (currently 518 days). Going forward, the reboot will happen overnight after updates are applied each MD.

Please let me know if this presents any problems, otherwise, I’ll proceed as described above.

Marty
JLab CST/CNI