Guess I answered my own question.  I had to fix two bugs (v5.6.8) in order to get it working.  So my supposition is that no one has used this functionality for some time.

Chris

From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Christopher Larrieu <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thursday, March 14, 2024 10:59 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] XRootD MSS Integration

Hello, and greetings from Jefferson Lab!

After playing around a bit with the oss.rsscmd directive, I am now confused and hope that someone can clarify (1) how this functionality is supposed to work, and (2) if it is something that anybody actually uses.

Here are the relevant parts of my config:

oss.localroot /local/xrd
all.export    /mss check dread forcero readonly stage noxattrs
oss.rsscmd    /local/larrieu/eclipse-git/jasmine/assemblies/lib/rsscmd
oss.stagecmd  /local/larrieu/eclipse-git/jasmine/assemblies/lib/stagecmd

The directory /local/xrd/mss is empty, and it is intended to reflect the contents of the tape library.  I implemented both “dlist” and “statx" commands and verified that they functioned as expected.  Yet, when I use xrdfs to stat one of the directories or to list its contents, I don’t get the behavior that I expect.  For example:

[larrieu@moria lib]$ ./rsscmd statx /mss/accel
0
d rwxrwxr-x 1 1608 106 1666731248 0 1666731248 0 1 0

[larrieu@moria lib]$ xrdfs localhost stat /mss/accel

Id:     0
Size:   0
MTime:  2022-10-25 20:54:08
CTime:  1970-01-01 00:00:00
ATime:  2022-10-25 20:54:08
Flags:  29 (XBitSet|Other|Offline|IsReadable)
Mode:   0555
Owner:  larrieu
Group:  epics-grp

[larrieu@moria lib]$ ./rsscmd dlist /mss/accel
0
bubble
casa
cis
czar
data
dup
peppo
positron

[larrieu@moria lib]$ xrdfs localhost ls /mss/accel
/mss/accel

Note that “xrdfs stat” does not indicate that /mss/accel is a directory, despite the information returned from “rsscmd statx”, and “xrdfs ls” does not list any of the directory contents, despite the information returned from “rsscmd dlist”.

Am I working from a mistaken understanding of how this should work?  I was hoping to get some input from experts before starting to dig through the code.

Thanks for any help you can provide.  Cheers,

Chris

Use REPLY-ALL to reply to list

To unsubscribe from the XROOTD-L list, click the following link:
https://listserv.slac.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=XROOTD-L&A=1