Dear Colleagues,

The February meeting of Linear Collider Detector Simulation Group will
take place at Fermilab on Feb. 15-16.  Please plan to attend.  For
details, there is a link on the simulation page:

    http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~mpeskin/LC/

The remainder of this note will describe the planned agenda of the
meeting and the status of the available simulation tools.

First of all, please note that the working group chairmen have been asked
to submit programs for the parallel sessions of the Sitges meeting by
February 20.  Thus, IF YOU ARE PLANNING TO TALK AT SITGES, YOU SHOULD
PRESENT SOME FIRST RESULTS OF YOUR PROJECT AT FERMILAB. I hope that a
major part of the Fermilab meeting will be devoted to physics studies.

In addition to these reports, the Fermilab meeting will feature an update
on the simulation software and reports from the groups doing full event
simulation on reference processes.  A new version of ISAJET which incorporates
beamstrahlung and isr will be presented, and Tim Barklow and I will present
another new physics event generator.  The muon collider group at Fermilab
will describe some of their simulation tools.  And we will discuss the
status of the detector models and possible modifications or optimizations.

As of last Wednesday, the full simulation package is available
with the modifications requested at the December meeting. These include
the new reference geometries discussed at the meeting, including the
possibility of vertical silicon disks for tracking in the forward region.
Hopefully, we will have samples of generated events for our reference
processes out on a public disk by the end of the month.

The fast Monte Carlo simulator for the detector models is in the final
stages of preparation and should be available by Wednesday.  A description
of the smearing algorithms included in this package can be found at:

   http://www-sldnt.slac.stanford.edu/nld/documentation/fastMC

The fast Monte Carlo program will require the FNAL StdHep package
(available at http://fnpspa.fnal.gov/stdhep.html) and the analysis
package Root (http://root.cern.ch) version 2.20v06, and a C++ compiler
compatible with the Root installation.

I hope that the simulation page provides now adequate resources for you to
start your projects.  If something important is missing, please let me know.
Otherwise, good luck!   I hope to see you at Fermilab.

                                 Michael Peskin