Folks,

 We are close to being ready to launch MC. We are starting some test
runs here at SLAC to see that the machinery is working and making final
checks on the detector geometry files. So far, we have found no
eggregious errors in the recent Gismo release, so we'll probably remove
the 'Beta' tag. DEC sites can grab the binaries from Dave Gerdes at
(http://zeno.physics.lsa.umich.edu/~gerdes/lcd-DEC.html)

 So, I hope you are gearing up to install the generator and full
simulation code and preparing to use your batch system!

 The next step is deciding what generator code to use and how many
events to generate. The plan is to use Tim's pybms for all but the SUSY
stuff, and isajet for SUSY. The batch generator interface to pybms is
available from http://www-sldnt.slac.stanford.edu/nld/zips.htm; the
bbhad interface should follow soon. The pybms code must be obtained from
Tim Barklow. See http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~timb/LC/generators.html.

 We've had some discussions here on numbers of events to generate. They
can get quite daunting, ranging from 5k tt(bar) to 13M gamma-gamma
background events. We will run some timing tests for each channel and
then suggest generating as much of each as we can in the allotted time
before the February meeting. That way people can have a look at the
samples and learn which could affect them the most.

 Please get all the pieces for your farms together soon as we expect
launch could happen in the next week! Kindly use this mailing list for
discussions of the programme...

Regards,

Richard
--