Dear Colleagues,

You might be interested in this snapshot of the JLC simulation tools.

                               Michael Peskin

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 10:10:03 +0900 (JST)
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: A proposal of data format for ACFA JLC Physics study

Dear Colleague

>From several ACFA members, I have requested to consider simple data
format for easy usage of  detector simulator.  Please send me comments about
the format.  Postscript version of this document is at
http://acfahep.kek.jp/subg/sim/lib/simdst-1-00.ps

regards
Akiya Miyamoto
KEK
E-mail:[log in to unmask]

A proposal of data format for ACFA JLC physics study
-- version 1.00 --

We have Quick Simulator and JIM Full Simulator for the JLC physics
study.  However, output data format of them are slightly different
and they seem to be complicated for simple minded user.
In addition, combined track information output by Quick Simulator
is not sufficient for analysis using the vertex detector information.

In this report, new data format is proposed, which is intended to satisfy
following conditions
1) Both Quick Simulator and JIM Full Simulator can output same format.
2) Data is written as a Fortran unformated file.
3) Converter to NTUPLE and/or ROOT is also provided.

The information saved in a file are,
1) CDC track parameter and error matrix
   hit points of vertex detector associated to the CDC track
   Track position and direction at the surface of EMC/HDC and
   associated calorimeter information.
2) Calorimeter information not associated to the track.
3) Generator track information

Fortran record format:

  CHARACTER*4 STRID, PRODUC
  INTEGER*4   IVERS
  INTEGER*4   NWTOT, NGEN, NTRK, NEMC, NHDC
  REAL*4      HEAD(2)
  REAL*4      GEN(11,n), TRKF(38,j),EMC(5,n), HDC(5,n)
  REAL*8      TRKD(15,j)
  INTEGER*4   NVTX(j)
  REAL*8      VTXD(3,k,j)

  READ(IU) STRID, PRODUC, IVERS, NWTOT, NGEN, NTRK, NEMC, NHDC,
 >         (HEAD(I),I=1,2),
 >         ((GEN(K,I),K=1,11),I=1,NGEN),
 >         ((TRKF(K,I),K=1,38),I=1,NTRK),
 >         ((TRKD(K,I),K=1,15),I=1,NTRK),
 >         ((EMC(K,I),K=1,5),I=1,NEMC),
 >         ((HDC(K,I),K=1,5),I=1,NHDC),
 >         (NVTX(I),I=1,NTRK),
 >         (((VTXD(K1,K2,I),K1=1,3),K2=1,NVTX(I)),I=1,NTRK),

  STRID = 'LCSM'           ! Helpful to know byte order
  PRODUC = 'QIK' or 'JIM'  ! Data generator
  IVERS =  100               ! Data format version.

  NWTOT = 7  + 11*NWGEN+1 + 38*NTRK+1 + 2*15*NTRK+1
          + 5*NEMC+1 + 5*NHDC+1 + NTRK + 3*Sum_of_NVTX

  HEAD(1) = Event Number
  HEAD(2) = Sum of initial e- and e+ energy (GeV)

  GEN( ) ! Generator track information (Those used as simulator input)
  GEN(1,i) = Px (GeV/c)
  GEN(2,i) = Py (GeV/c)
  GEN(3,i) = Pz (GeV/c)
  GEN(4,i) = E  (GeV/c)
  GEN(5,i) = vertex X  (cm)
  GEN(6,i) = vertex Y  (cm)
  GEN(7,i) = vertex Z  (cm)
  GEN(8,i) = Track generated time(nsec)
  GEN(9,i) = Particle ID ( a la PDG)
  GEN(10,i) = Particle mass (GeV/c^2)
  GEN(11,i) = Charge

  TRKF() ! CDC Track parameter, togather with matched VTX hit and Cal information
  TRKF(1:3,j)  = Px, Py, Pz at closest approach
  TRKF(4,j)    = Energy assuming mass less particle
  TRKF(5:7,j)  = x,y,z of closest approach to the beam axis
  TRKF(8,j)    = apparent charge (+/-)
  TRKR(9,j)    = Generator track number i corresponding to the track.
  TRKF(10:14,j)  = Track Parameter, delta-r, phi, kappa, delta-z, tan-lambda
  TRKF(15:17,j) = X0, Y0, and Z0 of Pivot.
  TRKF(18,j)    = Number of measured CDC layer
  TRKF(19:23,j) = (r, theta, phi, delta-theta, delta-phi ) of
                 the track at EMC entrance ( For end cap, r=+-(10000+ z location))
  TRKF(24,j)    = Number of counters containing 90% of EMC energy
	( -1 when no EMC association)
  TRKF(25:27,j) = (r, theta, phi ) of EMC cluster
  TRKF(28,j)    = Energy of Associated EMC cluster
  TRKF(29:33,j) = (r, theta, phi, delta-theta, delta-phi ) of
                 the track at HDC entrance ( For end cap, r=+-(10000+ z location))
  TRKF(34,j)    = Number of counters containing 90% of HDC energy
	( -1 when no HDC association)
  TRKF(35:37,j) = (r, theta, phi ) of HDC cluster
  TRKF(38,j)    = Energy of Associated HDC cluster

  TRKD(1:15,j) = Upper half of the error matrix of the track parameter

  VTX() !  VTX hit information matched with CDC track
  NVTX(j)      = Number of VTX Hit associated to the track.
  VTXD(1,k,j)  = r of k-th VTX hit (cm)
  VTXD(2,k,j)  = azimuthal angle (radian) of k-th VTX hit
  VTXD(3,k,j)  = Z of k-th VTX hit

  EMC(), HDC() : EMC and HDC array is those without CDC track association.

  EMC(1,j)    = Number of counters containing 90% of EMC energy
	( -1 when no EMC association)
  EMC(2:4,j) = (r, theta, phi ) of EMC cluster
  EMC(5,j)    = Energy of Associated EMC cluster

  HDC(1,j)    = Number of counters containing 90% of HDC energy
	( -1 when no HDC association)
  HDC(2:4,j) = (r, theta, phi ) of HDC cluster
  HDC(5,j)    = Energy of Associated HDC cluster

About Helix Parameterization please see,
Postscript version of this document, http://acfahep.kek.jp/subg/sim/lib/simdst-1-00.ps
or "Introduction to Helical Track Manupilation"
at http://www-jlc.kek.jp/subg/offl/lib/docs/helix_manip.ps.gz
or http://www-jlc.kek.jp/subg/offl/lib/docs/helix_manip/main.html