 Here's what I propose for starters for the mask/LUM. I talked to Tom
Markiewicz (Mr IR) this afternoon. It's clear that the mask design is
not at all settled. Nor the matter of a LUM.

 Tom suggested we start the mask at z=50cm and r=5cm at that point. The
cone would be tapered and end up ~9cm thick at the LUM.

 The best I can do on short notice is the following: define a 1 cm
beampipe occupying the middle of the VXD. Then break it (I picked 7 cm),
resuming with the mask's cone at z=50 cm with r=5 cm. This carries on to
the LUM, which is the same z as the EM Cal front face. However this mask
will be uniformly thick (thin, really) at 2 mm W. My guess is that at
this stage of the game this is not critical and will need design work.
We can bulk up the Gismo geometry code to accept whatever shape is
needed later.

 For the small detector, I modified the inner radii on the tracking
endcap disks to follow the cos(theta)=0.99 boundary - just outside the
cone.

 I have placed Small.ini and Large.ini files that match this proposal on
the web. If I don't hear (much) complaining we'll start a launch of the
MC tomorrow.

Richard
--
Richard Dubois