Hi Homer,

 Go no further! StdHep 4.x is incompatible with 3.x. We ran into this when we first
adopted it.

 Single particles should not take an enormous amount of time for the regular
calorimeter. My 400 MHz P2 PC will knock off a 5 GeV pion into the Small detector in
maybe 2-3 seconds.

Richard

--
Richard Dubois