HI ,

	Our goal is to associate final state particles with initial partons. To do
this with highest statistics we want to use  StdHEP event generator datasets
(generated by Gray at SLAC?). We are using JAS to read them.

	Problem: The Particle.getParent() chain going up terminates at "unknown" (
id=92, probably the fragmentation string?) . Particle.getDaughters() on the
initial partons is empty, so one cannot go in the other direction.

	Oddly enough, in the lcd-sim files one can follow the daughters chain down
through the "Idontknowino" e.g. t->Wb->, W->ud->  Idontknowino->physical
particles;  and the tbar down through to its own Idontknowino. This allows us
to associate final state particles with initial partons.

	Does anyone know how to get the information we need (i.e. the complete
production/decay hierarchy) from stdhep files using JAS.

		Maha, Bob.