I will transfer the stdhep files to Penn, so you can FTP them from
there, and so we can also make them available via the Upenn server as a
backup to using SLDNT0.

To read .lcd files locally you need to follow the instructions at:

http://www-sldnt.slac.stanford.edu/jas/documentation/lcd/tutorial11/defa
ult.htm

I dont think that we have any Higgs event samples at the moment however.
We can try getting some generated if you can tell us exactly what you
want.

>Some questions arising from our attempts to implement this scheme:
>o Will getDaughters(), getParent(), methods do what we want on the
>stdhep/fastmc classes?

The getDaughters(), getParent() methods will certainly work with the
StdHEP files. Whether they do exactly what you want is another question.
They simply reflect the parent/daughter the relationships in the StdHEP
file, which itself has some problems:

   a) Different generators seem to adopt different conventions,
especially for initial state particles, and exotic items such as
"Strings"
   b) The Parent/Daughter relationship doesnt always work exactly the
way you might expect, for example getParent(getDaughter(a)) doesnt
always give a.

>o Is Tim Barklow the one to ask about the structure of LCDEvent class,
>it would be useful to know the rationale behind what we see (there may
>be a utility to it that we don't understand)  e.g.
>- the first "particle" is a header(?)
>- the beam particles seem to be repeated i.e. particles 2-4 in the list
>are primary electrons

Tim certainly understands many of the generator specific features
reflected in the StdHEP file, although he may not be familiar with the
terms LCDEvent or getDaughter(), getParent() etc.

>o When we switched to using stdhep input the MC Particle Tree no longer
>shows the event dump. Is there a way to re-enable this?
>o Can we use the DumpParticleHierarchy class to see the chain (I tried
>but it wouldn't compile)?

Let me get back to you on these two questions after I look into it a bit
further.

>o Is there a way to save the histograms?

You are supposed to be able to save the histograms by doing a "Save
Job", but it doesnt work in the JAS 1.0 Beta. It will be fixed in the
next release (late this month, e-mail volume permitting). Currenly there
is no way to save the histograms.

Tony