From: David L. Wagner, University of Colorado
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, April 08, 1999 2:36 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: tutorial

Hi Tony,

I have just started playing with jas and going through the tutorial
and I thought I would send you a few comments.

1) After I load a plugin, I'm not able to save the job; I get a
message that says:

Writing out object: java.io.NotSerializableException:
hep.lcd.plugin.LCDPlugin

And then my job file isn't usable any more.  Is this standard, or is
something about the installation on our machine?

2) In "The Cluster Finding Package" tutorial in the code for
ClusterAnalyzer.java, the line ClusterList cl = event.getClusters()
doesn't work; I had to change it to event.getEMClusters().

(Even then, for selectron pair events, I seem to get either 200
clusters / per event or no clusters at all, depending on the value I
give to setEMThreshold(); the expected value would be 2 for selectron
pairs.  I tried adding a new JrbCluster() to the driver, but I just
get a nullPointerException deep inside the program.  Do you know if
any documentation of the JrbCluster algorithm will be forthcoming?)

-David