From: David L. Wagner, University of Colorado
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, April 13, 1999 11:23 AM
To: Tony Johnson
Subject: Tracking

Hi Tony,

Just a quick question; if you don't know off the top of your head, I'll
just ask at the meeting this afternoon.  How exactly does one get at the
tracks that one reconstructs?  I followed the tutorial and made a driver
which just adds a new hep.lcd.recon.tracking.tpc.TPCReco() to the list
of
processors to run.  That seems to work fine.  But when I have an
analysis
program that does the following:

  LCDEvent header = (LCDEvent) d;
  TrackList tracklist = header.getTrackList();

(where d is the EventData object passed to processEvent(), as in the
tutorial) I just get an "EventException: Key TrackList not found in
EventHeader".  The following code in the same analyzer works fine, by
the
way:

  LCDEvent header = (LCDEvent) d;
  CalorimeterHits hits = header.getEMCalorimeterHits()

Can one run two consecutive programs like that (a driver followed by an
analyzer)?  I looked at the code for how the event display draws tracks,
and it seemed like my code looked reasonable.

Thanks,

-David