Dear Colleagues,

The next Linear Collider Detector simulation group meeting will take place on
Wednesday and Thursday, August 4 and 5, at SLAC.  This is just before the
Lepton-Photon meeting; I hope that will be a convenience for some of you.

The agenda for this meeting will include:

  --  Presentation of updated versions of the analyses reported at the Sitges
       meeting.  The Sitges proceedings articles are due Sept. 15, so these
       analyses should be almost in final form.

  -- Presentation of the updated version of the simulation software.  This
       will be the last chance to criticize the software and to request
       new features before we hold tutorials in the fall.

  -- Update of the preliminary detector designs.  The Sitges analyses were
       based on small and large detector designs S1, L1 determined at
       the LCD meeting at SLAC last December.  At this meeting, I would like
       to define designs S2, L2 (which might be tweaking and correction of
       S1, L1 or more major modifications such as a very small S or a
       higher-field L).

The general plan is to discuss the detector models on Wednesday and to
review the specific analysis and software problems on Thursday.

Practical details for the meeting can be found from a link on the simulation
group page

        http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~mpeskin/LC/

If you wish to give a talk at this meeting, please send the title to me at

We welcome all contributions to the discussion of the detector models.  If you
have modifications to suggest, it would be especially useful to send these
in writing to Richard Dubois ([log in to unmask]) in early July,
so that he can see what is needed for the simulation software to accomodate
them.

                                     Best wishes,

                                             Michael