Dear Colleagues,

I have tried to compile a complete list of the "fixes"
that we have been identifying for August.  That list follows.
Bruce has helped me with this list.
These are mostly "corrections" to the S1 and L1 configurations.
I realize that in August we may want to actually change the
configurations, such as increasing the tracking volume for Model S,
or going to a completely different layout in some way.
That would be outside the "spirit" of this list.
Please comment on the list, suggest missing items, etc.

    Jim

_______________________
James E. Brau
Physics Department
University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1274
(541) 346-4766

   1.  reduce the segmentation of Model S EM to 1 cm x 1 cm
   2.  reduce the beampipe thickness to 0.5 mm
   3.  change the CCD layout to Chris' new layout:

        http://hep.ph.liv.ac.uk/~green/lcfi/techdraw/VXD_col.ps

   4.  use the same CCD layout for both model S and model L
   5.  add the VXD cryostat to both detectors
   6.  add forward tracking to Model L
   7.  add 1 cm to Rinner for Model S forward tracking (mask clearance)

      Bruce proposes:

               z             r_inner (110 mrad + 1 cm)

             31.2            4.4

             61.2            7.8

             91.2           11.1

            121.2           14.4

            149.2           17.5

   8.  increase the inner radius of the TPC.
   9.  far-forward instrumentation suggested by Steve Magill for QCD tagging
       and SUSY background rejection.  More specifics required.