At the recent LCD workshop if was agreed that we would begin generation of the next round of data a few weeks after the workshop.

Further discussion has resulted in some modification of this plan, since we have decided to wait until the new detector models (s2 and l2) are fully understood and also until we can switch to the latest version of IO (SIO) and the latest method of representing the detector (XML). This means that the new data incorporating all of these changes will not be ready until well into October.

One concern raised at the workshop was that all of the existing data is known to have a number of problems, including MC truncation, corrupted cal tower id's and other problems. Since the new data has been delayed Gary Bower has volunteered to produce some new datasets based on the old detector models, but incoporating fixes for these known bugs.

He will only be able to produce a fairly limited amount of data, so if you feel that your work is being hampered by the bugs in the current data, please contact Gary  ([log in to unmask]) and let him know what type of data would enable you to get on with your work (ie which detectors/generators/physics channels you need). Gary will attempt to combine the requests he receives and generate the data which would be of most use to people.

Tony Johnson