2nd ECFA/DESY STUDY ON PHYSICS AND DETECTORS FOR A LINEAR COLLIDER.

                   NEWSFLASH BEFORE OBERNAI
                   ************************

1.  Let me remind you that our next workshop is at Obernai, near
Strasbourg, from lunchtime Saturday 16 October to lunchtime Tuesday 19
October (with an organisers+conveners meeting to 16.00hrs on 19th).  You
can find details at
  "http://ireswww.in2p3.fr/ires/ecfadesy/index.html"
Individual working group leaders are putting the parallel sessions
together.

2.  We have a new working group called the "LoopVerein" which will deal
with higher order calculations of standard model proecesses.  The convener
is Fred Jegerlehner.  Details are at
   "http://www.ifh.de/theory/TLV/TheLoopVerein.html"

3.  The electronic library of LCreports is now active, thanks to Ties
Behnke.  There is a link to it from our main webpage at
   "http://www.desy.de/conferences/ecfa-desy-lc98.html"
This includes a first invitation to submit reports for the proceedings of
our study so far.

We hope to see many of you in Obernai.

Yours ever

David Miller