VUB-RECOIL Archives

Vub measurement using recoil of fully reconstructed Bs

VUB-RECOIL@LISTSERV.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU

From:
Riccardo Faccini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
01 Jul 2002 10:41:13 -0700 (PDT)Mon, 01 Jul 2002 10:41:13 -0700 (PDT)
Hello folks,
this is just a follow-up of the discussion with Oliver today, I just
wanted to quantify the issues and be sure I reach the right conclusion.

We only have ~7 times the data of  cocktail MC taking into account all
possible available MC. Oliver makes 15 samples, but they are equivalent to
25 fb-1 and therefore the error is bigger on them.

As figure 11 of Oliver's BAD shows the relative error on sigma for the
25fb-1 samples is ~17% so that if one were to do things of the right size
the level at which we are able to test our error is 24% [Oliver says he
can exploit the correlations among P* bins and do a bit better]

This is unfortunately not enough, we would not have even caught the
mistake we just found. We will have to try a toyMC...

	ciao
	Ric
P.S. Oliver, in your plot 11 not all the histograms present all the 15
subsamples (the first one has 13, the second one 12 etc etc ...). Can you
explain this?