VUB-RECOIL Archives

Vub measurement using recoil of fully reconstructed Bs

VUB-RECOIL@LISTSERV.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU

From:
Urs Langenegger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
24 Oct 2002 21:09:54 -0700Thu, 24 Oct 2002 21:09:54 -0700

Hoi Ric,

discussions with Denis and Alessio  have not solved my confusion about
your killing function.

I  peeked into  the  gam lists  and  generator blocks  of events  with
K0s->pi0pi0 in the  old MC. The wrong bumps do  not have a truth-match
by virtue of the bug (I seem  to remember this, and I have not found a
single counter  example). So either  they are merged with  the correct
bump or we will never kill the proper one with the current setup.

If  the bad  photons are  merged  with the  correct one  (this can  be
checked from the kinematics of  the decay modulo resolutions since the
correct photons have  the link back to the mothers),  killing is -- on
an event by  event basis -- not the right thing  to do.  Rescaling the
energy would seem more appropriate.

If they are not merged and the  bad photons are still in the event, we
should  be able  to find  the best  match to  the K0S  decay  from the
unmatched photons and throw out  the correct ones. This amounts to the
same as what is done in  VubRemoveOrphans. I guess it would be good to
understand why VubRemoveOrphans fails to remove them properly.

Cheers,
--U.