VUB-RECOIL Archives

Vub measurement using recoil of fully reconstructed Bs

VUB-RECOIL@LISTSERV.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU

From:
Daniele del Re <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
4 Feb 2005 12:29:44 -0800 (PST)Fri, 4 Feb 2005 12:29:44 -0800 (PST)

Ciao Roberto,

 this page is very nice and helpful.

 Few comments:

 - lepton ID looks different but it should be somehow expected since we
   are not doing any killing
 - there is something really wrong with q2 that should be fixed in the
   code
 - mm2 for B0 looks suspicious
 - track selection looks less efficient

 Then lepton ID and q2 distributions probably explain half of the
discrepancy.

 I propose three other checks:

 1) recalculate the eff numbers with no cut on q2 and nle
 2) rerun the old signal production with no killing and no neutral
    smearing at all and compare again
 3) recalculate the table with a tight cut on the purity, i.e. intpur>0.5
    (here you are not fitting mes and the different combinatorics between the old and new
    Beta production can play a role).

   Daniele