VUB-RECOIL Archives

Vub measurement using recoil of fully reconstructed Bs

VUB-RECOIL@LISTSERV.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU

From:
Urs Langenegger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
06 Sep 2002 08:05:19 -0700Fri, 06 Sep 2002 08:05:19 -0700

Hoi,

I had a look at the Pidtables used in the Beta jobs, in particular for
any irregularities in the veryTight muon tables.

2000, mu+: http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~ursl/talks/090602/pos-muons-2000.eps.gz
2000, mu-: http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~ursl/talks/090602/neg-muons-2000.eps.gz

2001, mu+: http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~ursl/talks/090602/pos-muons-2001.eps.gz
2001, mu-: http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~ursl/talks/090602/neg-muons-2001.eps.gz

2002, mu+: http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~ursl/talks/090602/pos-muons-2002.eps.gz
2002, mu-: http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~ursl/talks/090602/neg-muons-2002.eps.gz

In the left column you see  the ratio veryTight/tight as a function of
theta (x-axis)  vs momentum  (y-axis). On the  right axis you  see the
profile along momentum.

The first  row is  the muon efficiency  ratio, the remaining  rows are
pion, kaon, proton misid ratios.

The plots show no obvious irregularities, the only peculiar feature is
that some  bins of the misid  ratios are >1. Naively  one would assume
that the veryTight selector as less misid than the tight and hence all
bins  should be  <1.  I think  these  excursion might  be  due to  the
background subtraction they do in the hadron samples (coupled with low
statistics).

Cheers,
--U.