VUB-RECOIL Archives

Vub measurement using recoil of fully reconstructed Bs

VUB-RECOIL@LISTSERV.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU

From:
Riccardo Faccini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
18 Jan 2003 02:10:29 -0800 (PST)Sat, 18 Jan 2003 02:10:29 -0800 (PST)
Hi,
I have been investigating the use of deltam,
defined as the difference between the mass of the hadronic recoil system
and the mass of the same system subtracted of the pion with charge
opposite to the lepton.

The data-MC comparison of the deltaM variable for B0 events  is shown in
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~rfaccini/phys/vub/deltam/comparison7deltamallcuts.ps
The D* signal is clearly present and the  agreement is really good in the
case of the enriched sample, slightly off in the depleted one: there are
slightly less D* in data than in MC.
Requiring deltaMx<1.6 the data MC agreement looks like in
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~rfaccini/phys/vub/deltam/comparison7deltamallcuts-lonopi.eps
The D* peak has disappeared but the agreement is still reasonable. This
was the original reason for not using this cut: it makes no effect in the
region of interest.

Anyhow I have checked the data-MC agreement requesting deltaM>300 MeV.
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~rfaccini/phys/vub/deltam/comparison7mxhadfitallcuts-highdm.ps
to be compared with the original one in
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/~rfaccini/phys/vub/deltam/comparison7mxhadfitallcuts.ps

The depleted is more and more in agreement between data and MC, while the
enriched does not show any breakthrough. Incidentally at the RC meeting
Franz was mentioning that the depleted sample was not well reproduced by
MC. Unfortunately I cannot reproduce Urs's plot in page 11 of his CM
presentation, as you can see in my last link.
	ciao
	ric