XROOTD-L Archives

Support use of xrootd by HEP experiments

XROOTD-L@LISTSERV.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU

From:
"Andrew Hanushevsky" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
23 Aug 2004 18:07:14 -0700Mon, 23 Aug 2004 18:07:14 -0700
Hi Pete,

I found the reason for the non-communications. When the olbd gets itself in
the state where the server it has just selected has just gone down and no
alternatives are available, it leaves a critical lock locked. This causes
the system to essentially stop outbound communications. Most inbound
communications can still be handled. All of the servers notice this and try
to re-establish communications, which they do only to find that the olbd
refuses to speak to them. Anyway, I will have a fix and that should generate
a new release. We can restart the redirectors, at least.

Andy

"Algorithms from the NSA are considered a sort of alien technology: They
come from a superior race with no explanations.
--Bruce Schneier