So, we started xrootd and olbd on 190 nodes with one
redirector (+olbd -m) and of course, bumped into the 64 connection
limit for olbd. We now have questions:
- Is there a way to circunvent the 64 connection limit via a
parameter of some kind we may have missed ??
- If a redirector + olbd manager can connect to only 64 nodes,
what would happen to the "rest" of the nodes in our configuration
i.e. the 190-64 other nodes ??
* Does this implie that the redirector cannot do load balancing
with those nodes ??
* Does it mean that a single redirector cannot handle more
than 64 nodes and their files ??
* If I use DNS RR, what happens then ?? Does every redirector
gets a set of 64 nodes ?? Does the redirector exchange information
about each other's known files (and node/load selection) ??
In case this is needed, our configuration is as described
by a previous Email by Pavel in
( o o )