finally we are now releasing an alpha version of our fuse based xrootd file
system xrdfusefs. For us it is a fun project and we have learned a lot about
autotools, fuse, POSIX, and xrootd. Not all possible functions have been
implemented (yet?) and the code probably requires some more clean-up and some
design choices may need to be revisited in the future, but the basic stuff
What you can do with xrdfusefs:
* mount an xrootd dataserver on a local mountpoint
* list, read, write, delete, move, copy files to and from the server as if
they were locally accessible.
What we have not tested/implemented yet:
* connection to a redirector
* I'm sure you'll find something that we forgot about :-)
What to keep in mind:
* xrootd by design is not a file system!
* 'ls' returns only the files currently online on the server
* fuse kernel module, libs, and headers. We have developed xrdfusefs with the
2.7 version of fuse, but fuse >= 2.5 should work.
Give it a try. We appreciate your comments and suggestions.