VUB-RECOIL Archives

Vub measurement using recoil of fully reconstructed Bs

VUB-RECOIL@LISTSERV.SLAC.STANFORD.EDU

From:
Alessio Sarti <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
07 Aug 2002 17:11:44 -0700 (PDT)Wed, 07 Aug 2002 17:11:44 -0700 (PDT)
> Hoi,
>
> another round  of validation  jobs is running  (and if only  my bfobjy
> jobs started as well, we'd also get a few data jobs in addition to the
> cocktail).  The following summarizes my work on the sequences.
>
> 1. The instructions on the web are up to date and if you start with
>
>       IslBrecoilUser ursl-080602bis
>
>    you'll get a working setup.  This is based on the tags in
>    IBU/tags-080102:
>
>      BetaCoreTools rf-080102
>      BetaMicro yumiceva-03June02
>      BetaMicroTruth V00-00-06-01
>      BetaPid V00-01-42-01
>      BetaSequences V00-10-09-01
>      BetaTools V00-10-27-08
>      BtaMicroSequences V00-01-03-02
>      CompositionSequences  rf-072602
>      CompositionTools  rf-072602
>      CompositionUtils rf-071702b
>      DstarlnuUser rf-070102
>      ISLUser tb040902
>      workdir V00-04-08
>
>    This  include Ric's  fixes, Jane's  additions (for  GHit  assoc and
>    beamspot fixes in SP4), and Francisco's PidKilling.
>
> 3. The new PidKilling  does not work if the link  to the location with
>    all PidTables  has a name different from  'pidtables'. This implies
>    that the  old setup where  'run' automatically sets  an environment
>    variable and  islNew.tcl selects the  correct PIDmaps-xxxx.txt file
>    no  longer  works. Instead  you  now  have  to create  THE  symlink
>    pidtables and  then run  MC jobs that  belong ONLY to  that period.
>    According to Francisco, the change would be non-trivial. I have not
>    checked.   There  is a  printout  in  the  logfile which  PidTables
>    directory was used, so we can check after running, that 2002 MC was
>    actually using the PidTables for 2002.

Seems that the first test made by daniele are encouraging so I want to be
sure that I can start the new production at any time:
I'm asking you few questions just to be sure.

1) The tags are the ones listed before?
2) Can you please clarify the procedure in order to have the right
pidkilling (we have to create a 'pidtables' link to what) ??

I remind all of you that now we have tcl files for DATA tahat are SPLITTED
btw on and off peak.

The new directories are:
data/200*
and data_off/200*

The other tcl will be moved to an 'old' directory as soon as urs henning
and daniele will give me the authorization (I do not want to screw up any
running script :) !!)

Alessio